Did you know that the food your child eats has adverse effects on their behavior? Ideally, the human brain consists of various nutritional components including FATS (Lipids), glucose, micronutrients, proteins, and Amino acid. These components play a huge role in affecting the energy, behavior, mood, sleeping pattern, and attentiveness of your child depending on the intake he or she takes.
On that note, here is a guide that states the top 7 foods that you must start feeding your child today! In addition to it, we have further listed a few foods that you must stop feeding your little one! This list encompasses a small portion of the essential nutrition that your child needs. Without any further introduction, let’s get straight to the discussion!
The Essential Corner
Antioxidants in fruits and veggies strengthen your kid's brains. Other micronutrients like Vitamin D, B6, and B12 help to strengthen the brain and fight disturbing mental diseases thereby keeping the brain calm and stable.
Apart from these, copper, iron, zinc, and sodium are the basic nutrients required for brain development.
On that note, here is the ultimate list of food that you can give to your champ to fulfill the essential requirements of micronutrients. Have a look:
Vitamin B6: Cereals, banana, oats, peanuts, pork
Vitamin B12: Milk, fish, eggs, cheese (Limited quantity).
Vitamin D: Salmon (Oily Fish), Egg Yolk, Red Meat (Sun is undoubtedly the ultimate source of Vitamin D. Hence, allow your little one to play in the morning sun)
Zinc+Copper+Iron: Red Meat, Rice, Legumes, Seeds, Nuts, Dried Fruits, Whole grains, Shiitake mushrooms, Leafy greens, Dark Chocolates.
Foods to Avoid Feeding Your Champ
Say NO to colored, processed, and packed foods: Packed food involves a lot of preservatives, additives, and salts that lead to lack of concentration, increased temper, irritation in nature, and struggles to get proper sleep.
Stop the Trans and Saturated Fats foods: Although junk food is rich in calories, it affects the growing age of your child. As a result, you will notice your child gaining tons of fat gradually which often leads to deadly health issues such as obesity, anxiety, depression, etc in the long run.
Stop the access of carbs: Providing excess access to carbs which are later converted to glucose. Generally, glucose works as an essential energy source for the brain. However, excess of it will result in a high glycemic supply. This will result in the high release of glucose into the blood. As a result, the blood sugar level of your child decreases which leads to fluctuations in attention span and moods.
Check the amounts of Amino Acid and Proteins: Amino acids act as messengers to neurotransmitters which control signaling between the neurons. This initially affects the mood, alert behavior, and sometimes, even the weight of your child. Hence, you need to create a well-maintained balanced diet that is rich in amino acids to avoid the potential mood swings of your champ.
7 Foods That Pack a Major Nutritional Punch!
1. Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are excellent for babies. These tiny black seeds contain a packed amount of fiber, zinc, protein, omega-3s and are rich in antioxidants. The best part is, they are tiny and so, are easy to sprinkle over any fish. However, make sure you soak them first before you feed them to your child.
2. Spinach: Although Spinach is not a favorite dish for most adults as well, it is highly beneficial for both babies and adults. Spinach is rich in iron and magnesium along with an excess level of antioxidants. You can either blend it or make it a puree. Eventually, you'll see how your child starts loving it!
3. Wild Salmon: Usually Salmon or any other fatty fish like mackerel or tuna is the ideal source of omega-3s. It has several other amazing nutrients like Vitamin D, Vitamin B5, B12, B3, and protein. If you feed your child with any fatty fish, they can gain a proper and healthy amount of fat. Try giving a fish once per week to elevate those omega-3s in your child.
4. Kale: Kale is generally a dark Leafy vegetable which is another challenging food to feed your baby. However, Kale is highly nutritious as it is a rich source of zinc, iron, protein, vitamin B6, magnesium, omega-3s, and so much more! All and all, it is a super food for your baby.
5. Quinoa: Quinoa has tons of magnesium, zinc, protein, and fiber along with Vitamin B. This is hands-down, one of the best foods that you can feed your child. You can easily mix it with other dishes and you're good to go!
6. Eggs: Eggs are rich in protein, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin D. It is an incredible method to nourish your kids. Make sure you don't throw the yolk. Yolks contain plenty of minerals as well.
7. Organic Beef: Loaded with B12, B3, and B6, zinc, iron, and protein, this food provides omega-3s to your child 5x times. This is an excellent food for your child.
On that note, we at HIPPO make a difference in assisting your child's development. With a proper step-by-step approach, our HIPPO cafe is designed to take care of your child's health with a proper customized and nutrition plan that fits your child's lifestyle and requirements. Connect with us today to learn more about healthy and clean eating for your little one!